From top-down, tableau presents five albums you

From the Billboard charts to the best of your iTunes, here are five albums you won’t forget

These days, when musical artists make an album, there tends to be maybe two or three good tracks apart from the singles. Rarely do we see an album that is good from the first track to the last, keeping the listener interested all the way through. But every so often, an artist just gets on a roll and never looks back. So I’d like to present my picks for the Five Albums I Never Get Tired Of.

Alter Bridge: Blackbird (2007)

In case you haven’t figured it out by now, I am a HUGE fan of this group. While their first album, One Day Remains, sounded rushed and uneven at times, this record is chock full of face-melting rock. Vocalist Myles Kennedy shows off his titanic range and guitarist Mark Tremonti delivers some of the best riffs and solos modern rock has ever heard. Alter Bridge proves that a band doesn’t always have to be depressed or angry to sound good. Many of their songs, like “Rise Today” and “Before Tomorrow Comes,” are uplifting without losing their rock edge.

BEST TRACKS: “Before Tomorrow Comes,” “Blackbird,” “Come To Life”

Shania Twain: Come On Over (1997)

When a 16-track album spawns 12 singles, you know there’s something special about it. The master of country-pop crossover mixes the genres well, and throws an occasional dose of rock in for flavor. Twain is renowned for her meticulous attention to detail on every album. She takes longer than most to release her albums, but they are all solid efforts as a result.

BEST TRACKS: “Man! I Feel Like a Woman!,” “Black Eyes Blue Tears,” “Rock This Country!”

Tool: 10,000 Days (2006)

Few well-known rock bands can be described as innovative, but Tool is certainly fits the description. 10,000 Days challenges traditional forms throughout the whole album. In “Vicarious,” lead singer Maynard James Keenan makes the somewhat awkward phrase “Why can’t we just admit it?” flow very well with an unconventional rhythm. Another interesting moment on the album is Adam Jones’s lightning-quick riff at the start of “Jambi.”

BEST TRACKS: “Vicarious,” “The Pot,” “Right In Two”

The Corrs: Borrowed Heaven (2004)

Celtic rock band The Corrs have not received much acclaim in the United States (unless you heard their song “Breathless” sweep the nation for about 10 minutes at the turn of the millennium). But they are mega-famous in their native Ireland and the rest of Western Europe, and this album help explains why. This is one of those rare albums in which none of the musicians are a weak link. Each band member has a shining moment, whether it’s the drums on “Angel,” the guitar on “Summer Sunshine” or the vocals on the title track (featuring an appearance by the African folk group Ladysmith Black Mambazo).

BEST TRACKS: “Summer Sunshine,” “Angel,” “Even If”

Trans-Siberian Orchestra: The Lost Christmas Eve (2004)

TSO has become the foremost classical/rock fusion group, and are most famous for their holiday music. This album contains great renditions and medleys of Christmas classics, culminating in “Christmas Canon Rock,” a stunning electric guitar and vocal retelling of Johann Pachelbel’s timeless “Canon in D,” which is perfect for any season.

BEST TRACKS: “Christmas Canon Rock,” “Wizards In Winter,” “Christmas Jam”