Cavs rally for wild 34-31 win at Indiana

The Virginia football team scored 11 points in less than two minutes Saturday to topple Indiana in heart-stopping fashion, 34-31.

Virginia owned a 13-point halftime advantage, but after the Hoosiers stole three turnovers and scored four touchdowns during the second half, the Cavaliers trailed 31-23 with 6:34 remaining.

Then it was Virginia's turn to mount a comeback. Junior running back Perry Jones capped a 77-yard drive with a three-yard touchdown run, and sophomore quarterback Michael Rocco connected with junior tight end Paul Freedman for the two-point conversion.

Tied at 31, Indiana received the ball with 1:36 left, but senior defensive end Cam Johnson ensured Virginia would be the team with a chance to win. Johnson stripped the quarterback on a third-and-five passing attempt to give the Cavaliers possession on Indiana's 14 yard line.

Three plays later, senior kicker Robert Randolph converted a 23-yard field goal as time expired to give Virginia its first road win under coach Mike London and its first 2-0 start since 2005.

-compiled by Ashley Robertson