Who's in, who's out?

Who's in:

Kelly Clarkson: With Stronger, Clarkson has belted her way through her best album since...well...ever.

Coldplay: With Mylo Xyloto, the band's finest work since Parachutes, Coldplay has overcome a series of diminishing returns and struck musical gold. Now we can finally forget that Viva la Vida ever happened.

'Puss in Boots': The last Shrek film had most audiences reaching for their pitchforks to form a mob against the moneyhounds at Dreamworks Studios, but early reviews and trailers indicate that Puss' tale just might make up for the final endeavors of the ogre-who-must-not-be-named.

'Steve Jobs': Walter Isaacson's authorized biography of the Apple icon, who passed away Oct. 5, has hit bookshelves and e-Bookstores like wildfire, reminding us that Jobs' legacy will live on for years to come.

Who's out:

Glenn Beck: If Beck's latest Christmas novel, The Snow Angel, is anywhere near as sickeningly sweet and strangely politicized as his last take on the Yuletide season, then a book boycott may be in order.

Johnny Depp: Depp has had his fair share of fantastic performances, but wasn't his last take on Hunter S. Thompson material obnoxious enough? Here's to skipping The Rum Diary.

'Dancing with the Stars': This past week's episode of ABC's falling star has ignited controversy, as the show's judges came under attack for allegedly bullying two of the contestants and their respective partners.

'The Ides of March': Even with a stunning supporting cast, a sturdy script and a decent director, The Ides of March falls flat, thanks largely to Ryan Gosling's lifeless performance in the lead role.