What Makes Beyoncé So Sexy?

Beyoncé Knowles — singer, songwriter, mogul, mother and wife — is hands-down one of the most sexualized women of our time.

With songs like “Drunk in Love,” “Rocket” and “Partition,” the gifted performer not only portrays herself as a sex symbol, but also encourages other women to do the same. That’s right, Beyonce says all women can “give a private show with the music blasting.”

In all seriousness, Beyoncé is an extremely talented artist and she works media outlets better than anyone else. Her videos get millions of views in a matter of minutes.

However, Beyoncé is sexy for reasons other than her body and risqué lyrics.

She is beautiful inside and out. While the attractiveness of the frequently named “Woman Crush Wednesday,” or “Woman Crush Everyday,” can be attributed to her flawless skin and glowing smile, Beyoncé is also a believer in female empowerment and the importance of giving back. She considers herself a feminist.

According to Beyoncé, women can have it all. Her admirable sense of entitlement tells us that women can have the looks, job, man career, and family. This is embodied in her music.

On “Pretty Hurts,” Beyoncé shows us that obsessing over our looks and the way we are perceived is only an act of self-destruction.

In “Flawless,” Beyoncé commissions Nigerian-born feminist and activist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, who speaks, “We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls: You can have ambition, but not too much,” dubbed over the track.

Beyoncé refutes this teaching by reminding young women that they are, in fact, flawless. This idea is not meant to be taken literally — everyone has downfalls — but rather as the idea that neither man nor society has the right to stifle the goals and ambitions of women.

Beyoncé tells women not only to have confidence in themselves, but also in their sexuality. She encourages women to understand that it is perfectly acceptable to please your man, as stated in “Partition,” but also that sexual intercourse should be pleasurable for both parties, as stated in “Drunk in Love” and “Blow.”

These songs advocate natural promiscuity, and tell women that it is okay to know what you want. According to Beyoncé, sexual desire does not diminish respectability.

Yes, Beyoncé is sexy because she has a seductive aura, arousing song lyrics and an amazing range of motion in her hips, as seen in most of her videos. But, she is also sexy because she knows who she is, and is not afraid to display that to the world.