​Indoor track field sets records at McCravy Memorial

<p>Filip Mihaljevic,&nbsp;the reigning ACC Indoor champion, broke his own conference and school record&nbsp;with a first-place throw of 67’ 10.75”.&nbsp;</p>

Filip Mihaljevic, the reigning ACC Indoor champion, broke his own conference and school record with a first-place throw of 67’ 10.75”. 

Junior Filip Mihaljevic and redshirt freshman Jack Lint headlined Virginia indoor track and field’s two-day participation at the Rod McCravy Memorial Meet at Nutter Field House in Lexington, Ky.

Mihaljevic, the reigning ACC Indoor champion, broke both the conference and school record with a first-place throw of 67’ 10.75”. The hurl bested the previous record, also owned by Mihaljevic, by 3’ 5.25”.

Competing in the heptathlon, Lint broke the program record with 5,358 points, which was good for third.

On the opening day of the meet, the women’s distance medley relay comprised of graduate students Sarah Astin and Iona Lake, junior Chimere Ezumah and sophomore Caroline Clark placed second with a time of 11:23.06.

Competing the next day, Lake finished second in the 3,000 meters with a time of 9:27.63. Freshman thrower Hilmar Jonsson made his collegiate debut and won the weight throw with a mark of 65’4”, which broke the school freshman record.

The Virginia men swept the top-three of the mile. Freshman Robby Keough won the event, finishing in 4:12.22. Senior Adam Visokay followed behind in second with a time of 4:13.40. Fellow senior Evan Chiplock was third in 4:13.91.

The Cavaliers next compete Friday in the John Thomas Terrier Invitational in Boston, Mass.