Trial date set in Phi Psi defamation lawsuit

10 day jury trial to begin Oct. 23, 2017

<p>The defamation lawsuit is for $25 million dollars. The 339-page document calls the article “entirely false.” Jackie is set to be deposed as part of Assoc. Dean Nicole Eramo’s lawsuit against the magazine, Erdely and Wenner Media but was ultimately not named as a party in any suit.</p>

The defamation lawsuit is for $25 million dollars. The 339-page document calls the article “entirely false.” Jackie is set to be deposed as part of Assoc. Dean Nicole Eramo’s lawsuit against the magazine, Erdely and Wenner Media but was ultimately not named as a party in any suit.

The University chapter of Phi Kappa Psi’s lawsuit against Rolling Stone magazine has been set for October 23, 2017, according to a report from Newsplex. The jury trial will last 10 days.

In November 2015, the chapter filed a lawsuit against the magazine, Sabrina Rubin Erdely, Straight Arrow Publishers and Wenner Media in response to an article by Erdely detailing a gang rape of student “Jackie” which allegedly occurred at the fraternity house. The Charlottesville Police Department later determined that the incident in question did not occur, and the article was retracted.

The defamation lawsuit is for $25 million dollars. The 339-page document calls the article “entirely false.” Jackie is set to be deposed as part of former Assoc. Dean Nicole Eramo’s lawsuit against the magazine, Erdely and Wenner Media but was ultimately not named as a party in any suit.