Megabus.com to offer bus rides from Charlottesville to Dulles Airport

Discounted bus service will begin May 16

<p>Megabus.com is a discount bus service which services more than 100 destinations across the U.S. and Canada.</p>

Megabus.com is a discount bus service which services more than 100 destinations across the U.S. and Canada.

Megabus.com, a discount bus service, announced that it will begin running buses from Charlottesville to Dulles International Airport beginning today. The company is offering low-cost fares, with special deals as low as $1 for those who meet fare restrictions. A bus ride from Charlottesville to Northern Virginia will typically cost $20 per person.

“We had had requests for Charlottesville for some time and we wanted to set this up to run ahead of the summer travel period to see if there was any true demand,” Bryony Chamberlain, Regional Vice President of Coach USA, said in an email to The Cavalier Daily. “We have been excited by the early results.”

According to a press release from Megabus.com, the service will not run on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

The bus will pick up passengers at the Amtrak station parking lot on West Main Street and drop off at Curb 2A of Dulles Airport. The bus will also drop off passengers at Union Station in Washington, D.C.

According to data maintained by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia, around 30 percent of the University’s Class of 2021 is from Northern Virginia, with 680 students coming from Fairfax County, 254 from Loudoun County, 130 from Prince William County and 60 from Arlington County.