Reported armed robbery on Cabell Avenue

Charlottesville Police are investigating the incident

<p>U.Va. Police will be fully staffed tonight in anticipation of the increase in “high-risk situations” tonight and the rest of this weekend.</p>

U.Va. Police will be fully staffed tonight in anticipation of the increase in “high-risk situations” tonight and the rest of this weekend.

Charlottesville Police were alerted Sunday night of an armed robbery reported at 8:32 p.m. at a parking lot of 832 Cabell Avenue — a townhome owned by the Management Services Corporation — near Preston Avenue and Rugby Road.

A male victim said he was robbed at gunpoint after parking his car in the parking lot. The victim reported that he was walking through the parking lot when three males approached him and asked for some money. Before he could answer, one of the males pulled out a small black handgun. All three males were wearing black hoodies and basketball shoes, and one was wearing a backpack.

The subjects left the area on foot heading north towards Preston Avenue in the area of Washington Park.

Gloria Graham, associate vice president for safety and security, sent an email to the University community detailing the incident, and encouraged anyone with relevant information to contact CPD.

This is a developing story.