Mike Hollins, one of two students injured Sunday evening, undergoes second surgery

The University has not confirmed Hollins’ identity

<p>The nature of the surgery and the extent of Hollins’ injuries are not clear.</p>

The nature of the surgery and the extent of Hollins’ injuries are not clear.

Third-year student Mike Hollins, one of two individuals who was injured in Sunday’s shooting, is being treated at the U.Va. Health. Hollins underwent a second surgery Tuesday morning, per a tweet from his mother — as of noon Tuesday, no additional updates on his condition have been provided. 

The nature of the surgery and the extent of Hollins’ injuries are not clear. The University has not officially confirmed Hollins’ identity or the identity of the second individual injured Sunday. 

In a press conference Monday afternoon, University President Jim Ryan said that one individual was in stable condition and the other was in critical condition at U.Va. Health — it is not clear which Hollins is. 

The University has confirmed that three football players — second-year student Devin Chandler, third-year student Lavel Davis Jr. and fourth-year student D'Sean Perry — were shot fatally on a bus parked at Culbreth Garage upon their return from a field trip. 

Henrico County Police identified and detained suspect Christopher Darnell Jones, a former member of the football team, Monday afternoon about 80 miles from Grounds. Jones has been charged with three counts of second-degree murder and three counts of possession of a firearm in commission of a felony.