New chief executive officer appointed to U.Va. Physicians Group

J. Scott Just succeeds J. Corey Feist as leader of the UPG

<p>Dr. J. Scott Just (second from left) was appointed Monday as the new chief executive officer of the U.Va. Physicians Group.&nbsp;</p>

Dr. J. Scott Just (second from left) was appointed Monday as the new chief executive officer of the U.Va. Physicians Group. 

President of August Medical Group Dr. J. Scott Just was appointed Monday as the new chief executive officer of the University of Virginia Physicians Group. Just will be taking over the role from J. Corey Feist, who stepped down Dec. 31, 2021. 

The University of Virginia Physicians Group is a nonprofit that supports the University Medical Center and local Clinical Practice Groups with clinical and administrative services, employing over 900 clinical faculty members dually with the School of Medicine. 

Craig Kent, chief executive officer of U.Va. Health and executive vice president for health affairs, said he looks forward to Just joining his team because of his clinical and administrative expertise. 

“Dr. Just’s blend of experiences as a frontline patient-care provider and as a healthcare leader makes him an ideal fit for this vital leadership role at UVA Health,” Kent said to the U.Va. Health Newsroom. 

Just has been the president of Augusta Medical Group and vice president of Augusta Health in Fishersville, V.A. since 2018. He is also a Double Hoo, receiving his medical degree from the School of Medicine in 1996 and his master’s in business administration from Darden in 2014. Following medical school, he was the chief resident of the Emergency Medicine Department at the University Hospital.

While serving in his various leadership roles, Just has continued to practice emergency medicine in Central Virginia. He has also been on the Board of Directors for the Virginia College of Emergency Physicians.

Kent said Just will be helping to implement the 10-year strategic plan U.Va. Health released in October, which aims at making improvements in clinical care, education, research and community to better serve the health needs of all Virginians. 

“U.Va. is home to so many wonderful physicians and healthcare providers, and I am excited to work alongside them and support them as we carry out our mission to serve patients across the Commonwealth.” Just said. 

Just will officially step into the role May 30.