Knife brandishing reported on Maury Avenue

The suspect fled the scene towards Jefferson Park Avenue

<p>&nbsp;The suspect, described as a 40 year-old male in a green hat, has been located and identified.&nbsp;</p>

The suspect, described as a 40 year-old male in a green hat, has been located and identified. 

At approximately 6:37 a.m. Friday, Charlottesville Police responded to a report of an individual — described as a 40 year-old male in a green hat — brandishing a knife during a verbal altercation on the 100 block of Maury Avenue, which runs between Stadium Road and the intersection of Jefferson Park and Fontaine Avenue. 

According to a community alert sent by Timothy Longo, chief of the University Police Department and vice president for security and safety, the suspect fled the scene towards JPA on a white bicycle.

Longo said no injuries had been reported as of 7:46 a.m. Friday. He provided an update to the case at 10:44 a.m. saying the suspect has been located and identified.

This is the third community alert of April.

Longo said that anybody who might have information pertinent to the case should contact the Charlottesville Police Department at (434) 970-3280.

Community alerts are shared via email to the University community when there is timely information about a threat that can be released to the community without compromising any ongoing investigations.