Board elects Goodwin as Vice Rector

Darden graduate's term will start July 1

William Goodwin Jr. was unanimously elected to a two-year term as Vice-Rector of the Board of Visitors Monday. Goodwin’s term will start July 1, when current Vice-Rector George Martin replaces Helen Dragas as Board Rector.

A seasoned member of the Board, having served from 1996-2004, Goodwin was again made a voting Board member in January following the resignation of R.J. Kirk in October 2012 — who said after moving to Florida it was impractical to continue serving as a Board member. Prior to this, Goodwin served as a senior adviser to the Board.

The Richmond resident is currently vice-chair of the Finance committee, and he also serves on the Building and Grounds committee and the Educational Policy committee.

In his previous time on the Board, Goodwin chaired the Finance committee as well as the University’s Investment Managing Company. Goodwin, who graduated from the Darden School in 1966, has also previously served as chair of the Darden Board of Trustees.

As a businessman, Goodwin formed Commonwealth Computer Advisors, a computer leasing company founded in 1972 which now exists under the name CCA Financial.

Goodwin will take over the role of Board rector in July 2015, when Martin’s term expires.