Commerce Council, Nursing Council, Architecture Presidents run unopposed

Griswold, Winsky, Keehan to continue current Committees' work

Elections for Commerce Council President, Nursing Council President, College Council President and Architecture Council President will all be uncontested as students log online to vote this Monday through Thursday.

Third-year Commerce student Allie Griswold is running unopposed for Commerce School Council President. She has said her decision to run rested largely on her desire to improve the Commerce School student experience.

“We have so many amazing aspects of our community — the traditions, dedicated professors and a beautiful building we spend more time in than we ever wanted to,” Griswold said. “I care about our community, and I will work hard to help make the McIntire experience incredible for years to come.”

Griswold said she hopes to promote Commerce School organizations’ activities and events, “deepen” the alumni network and improve the coffee station on the third floor.

“I hope to involve the different organizations with the Comm School more in the day-to-day experiences of the community,” Griswold said. “I want to add more amenities to the building like charging stations for cell phones and a more substantial coffee station on the third floor by the Keurig, offering cups, sugar and creamer to students throughout the year.”

Second-year College student Daria Winsky chose to run for College Council President in order to improve unity within the College.

“I hope to increase College transparency, unify the College student body [and] foster faculty-student interactions,” Winsky said. “I want to improve relations and interactions between Student Council and College Council, as well as bridge the gap between administration and students.”

Third-year Architecture student Courtney Keehan, who has been involved in Architecture Council for three years, is running for Architecture School Council President to help build a community within the school.

“This past semester, our council began a mentoring program between first- and second-year Architecture students call SarcSibs,” Keehan said. “I hope to strengthen this program next year and begin to think about new ways to help incoming students with the daunting transition into studio culture.”

Third-year Nursing School student Marta Moore hopes to continue the work she began on Nursing Student Council this year.

“I am also interested in continuing to fundraise for NSC and raising awareness about our endowment fund and other resources the Nursing School provides,” Moore said.