San Antonio Spurs sign London Perrantes

<p>Former Virginia point guard London Perrantes started all four years he played at U.Va.</p>

Former Virginia point guard London Perrantes started all four years he played at U.Va.

The San Antonio Spurs announced Wednesday afternoon that they have signed former Virginia point guard London Perrantes. 

The four-year Virginia starter becomes the fifth former Virginia basketball player currently active in the NBA — joining Mike Scott (Washington Wizards), Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets), Justin Anderson (Philadelphia 76ers) and this year’s rookie of the year Malcolm Brogdon (Milwaukee Bucks). Perrantes was teammates with Harris, Anderson and Brogdon during his four-year tenure at Virginia.

After going undrafted, Perrantes had a strong showing in this year’s NBA Summer League with the Miami Heat. He participated in both the MGM Resorts Summer League and Orlando Pro Summer League, averaging 11.3 points, 4.8 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game for the latter.

Perrantes will be joining one of the NBA’s best teams — the Spurs made the Western Conference Finals this past season. Additionally, the team features one of the league's premier head coaches and one of the best two-way players in the game, Gregg Popovich and Kawhi Leonard, respectively.

Perrantes left Virginia as the program’s leader in games (138), starts (134) and minutes played (4,425), proving his status as one of Virginia’s greatest point guards. He helped lead Virginia to an ACC Tournament Title and to four-straight NCAA Tournament appearances, including an Elite Eight appearance in 2016.