Because Jones’ views do not equal the University’s views, and Jones has issued a public apology of his own, the administration is not committing a grave error by considering the matter settled. But by opting to remain silent, the administration missed an opportunity to do two things: first, affirm its commitment to fostering women’s potential in a range of fields; and second, show that the school is not unduly beholden to donors.
Subscribe to our email edition
Get The Cavalier Daily delivered to your inbox every morning.Subscribe now!
No events for today
No events for tomorrow
No events for Fri
- The Cavalier Daily :: Trading blows |4 comments
- Corvus Rettulit: "Shutter Island" Book Review
- The Cinephile: Evil Dead (2013) Film Review
- Allow Me To Introduce Myself...
- Is it enough to <3 #socialmedia?
- ACC Champs Coverage: Selection Sunday
- ACC Champs Coverage: Day 3
- ACC Championships Coverage: Day 2
- ACC Championships Coverage: Day 1
- Discuss: How will Virginia fare against No. 3 Duke?
- Thursday Night Lights