He said, she heard

A guy comes up to you and pulls out this stunning pick-up line: "Those pants look really good on you. But they'd look even better on my floor."

Shocked? Flattered? Offended? Ladies, how would you react if a guy said this to you?

Men and women often vary on what they do and do not find appropriate. Consequently, the "gray area" -- that foggy territory between decency and vulgarity -- allows for frequent miscommunication between the sexes.

Tonight at 8 in Cabell 424, All Women Achieving Knowledge and Enrichment is sponsoring a program that addresses this dilemma.

Although men may not think twice about the offhand comments they make, women can perceive their remarks in a different, and often demeaning, light, said Cerissa Cafasso, AWAKE President and third-year College student.

Men and women also differ on the interpretation of love, said fourth-year College student Michelle Igbani. What a guy may interpret as a casual relationship, a girl may interpret as a life-long commitment.

Fourth-year College student Auco Ho added that as sincere as he may sound, "I'll call you" doesn't mean he'll always follow through.

AWAKE hopes to address these issues and more in tonight's program. The new organization is dedicated to educating students on issues pertaining to women.

All women should be able to find a home in feminism, Cafasso said. "If they care about women, that's enough to be considered a feminist. We want to kind of take away that negative stigma."