Virginia prepares to kick off five-game homestand tonight

Coming off a loss to Clemson Friday, No. 8-ranked Virginia will face Florida Atlantic tonight, kicking off a five-game homestand.

Also on the Cavs' upcoming schedule at home are Boston College, Liberty, Duke and Mercer.

"At Klöckner we can win all the time, but on the road is where we really need to step it up. We should have won that game, but we aren't hitting the panic button or anything," sophomore defenseman Neil Barlow said. "We are just trying to get settled again."

Looking to breathe new life into a squad facing the rigors of a long season and competitive schedule, the starting lineup will be tweaked a bit, as a mix of regular starters and reserves will field Klöckner tonight.

"The good thing about the team this year is that anyone can step on at any time and be just as effective as the guy that was in before," sophomore goalkeeper Mike Giallombrado said. "The main things that you look to do is win the game."

Having just came off a tough loss, Virginia (7-2-2, 1-1-2 ACC) looks to regroup while paying a great deal of attention to focus and preparation.

"The goal tomorrow [Tuesday] is to win.That's the goal," Virginia coach George Gelnovatch said, "We aren't too beat up, and that gives me the flexibility to basically do what I want in terms of guys that are available to play."

Clemson's 2-1 upset of Virginia shattered the Cavaliers' seven-game winning streak and giving the Tigers their first ACC win this season.

"Any team can win at any day -- it's a cliché but its really true," Giallombardo said, "Every team has talent that we play against, and at the away game at Clemson we came up short."

The Tigers (5-7-2, 1-4 ACC) fired off a goal within the first five minutes of play, inspiring an early 1-0 lead. Virginia sophomore Ross LaBauex would answer back seven minutes later with a header, assisted by senior Jeremy Barlow. In the 65th minute, the Cavaliers' fate was sealed with Clemson's final goal.

The Cavaliers' offense kept the pressure on the Tigers but were unable to eke out the tying goal. The Cavaliers' loss came despite statistically dominating the Tigers on offense, outshooting them 16-12 and leading on corner kicks 11-3.