Crashing the BCS party

College football needs nothing more than another BCS buster to crash the party this year and create more havoc and hand-wringing for the BCS officials come January. Another upset such as Boise State's thrilling 43-42 win against Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl or Utah's 31-17 thumping of Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl could hopefully inch college football closer to a postseason playoff to decide the national champion at the end of the year and replace the game's current garbage system.

I know money plays an important role, but I think that if more mid-major teams show they can play with the big boys, the pressure will mount on the NCAA to try something new. And if this past week's top-25 upsets proved anything, it's that the door is still wide open for one of these mid-major teams to step in and steal a spot in a BCS bowl.

With that in mind, there are three undefeated mid-major programs currently in the AP Top 25 poll - No. 5 Boise State, No. 11 TCU and No. 12 Houston. Which team has the best chance of earning a BCS at-large bid? Could two teams possibly make BCS bowls? Let's tackle each team, check its r