Cavaliers take first at Tampa

The No. 25 Virginia men's golf team dominated the field at the Gary Koch Intercollegiate in Tampa, Fla., this past weekend, finishing nine strokes ahead of runner-up Auburn.

Junior Ben Kohles led the Cavaliers with the fourth individual title of his career, posting rounds of 5-under 67, 7-under 65 and 3-over 75 during the two-day tournament. The first-place finish vaulted Kohles into a second-place tie for the most individual titles in program history. Kohles has now racked up the most individual tournament victories since Jimmy Flippen led the Cavaliers during 1992-95.

Senior Will Collins shot respectable first- and second-round scores of 1-under 71 and 2-under 70 before climbing the leaderboard Sunday with another 1-under 71 round to place second for the Cavaliers and fifth overall. Senior Amory Davis also posted a top-10 finish, while freshman Ben Rusch and sophomore Mac McLaughlin claimed 19th- and 34th-place finishes.

Virginia continues play Oct. 15-16 at The Ridges in Jonesborough, Tenn.

-compiled by Andrew Seidman