Restrepo helps team secure tie

The third-ranked Virginia men's soccer squad took home its second draw in three games from Chestnut Hill, Mass. Friday night.

No. 15 Boston College opened the scoring in the 39th minute when sophomore forward Charlie Rugg one-timed a shot from five yards out.

For the second straight game, though, junior forward Brian Ownby equalized in the second half with a header goal from 10 yards out. The goal sent the Cavaliers into their third straight overtime match. Ownby now leads Virginia with seven goals on the season.

Both sides had opportunities in the two 10-minute overtime periods, but the 1-1 score held until the final whistle.

Virginia senior goalkeeper Diego Restrepo experienced another busy night, finishing with seven saves even as the Eagles took 11 shots more than the Cavaliers, going 27-16.

Virginia played the match without preseason All-American Will Bates. The sophomore forward was injured in the first half of the Oct. 12 match against James Madison and has yet to return to the field.

-compiled by Matt Conover