Officials postpone Huguely hearing

<p>In 2012 Huguely was convicted for the 2010 murder of fellow University student and ex-girlfriend Yeardley Love. He is currently serving a 23-year sentence.</p>

In 2012 Huguely was convicted for the 2010 murder of fellow University student and ex-girlfriend Yeardley Love. He is currently serving a 23-year sentence.

George Huguely's preliminary hearing has been rescheduled for April 11, according to Charlottesville's Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney.

Huguely, a former lacrosse player at the University, has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death of fellow lacrosse player Yeardley Love. Love was found in her apartment May 3 last year. Huguely is also charged with felony murder, burglary, robbery, breaking and entering, and grand larceny.

After authorities issued these additional charges against Huguely, his attorneys requested a delay in the hearing, which was originally scheduled for today. During the hearing, a judge will determine whether prosecutors have enough evidence to bring the case to trial.

-compiled by Kevin Mead