Who's in, who's out

Who's in:

Drake: Drake's latest release, Take Care, marks the best hip-hop album release since Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday, although his lack of pink wigs and accents puts him a bit short of "Queen" Nicki's tour de force.

Taylor Lautner: Despite a string of silly roles and poor performances, Lautner has somehow managed to land a lead role in acclaimed director Gus Van Sant's untitled upcoming project. Just in case the Milk director brings out Lautner's inner Sean Penn, the Academy may need to make a ban on shirtless acceptance speeches.

Christmas: Thanksgiving is still a week away, but the holiday spirit has moved into Billboard charts and Box Office spreadsheets alike as Justin Bieber, Michael Buble. the Glee cast, and Harold & Kumar, among others, continue to cash in on the public's Christmas cravings.

The Twilight Saga: Theaters across America are holding their breath for tonight's twelve o' clock release of Breaking Dawn, which promises to feature a fair share of longing gazes, dramatic confrontations, and laughable scenes of teen angst. Count me in.

Who's out:

Biopics: As long as audience members who walk into J. Edgar, Young Goethe in Love, or A Dangerous Method expect to see Wikipedia pages play out on screen, they'll walk away satisfied.

Adam Sandler: The most unfunny "comedian" in the country has assaulted movie viewers yet again with Jack & Jill, which subjects audiences to not one, but two performances by Sandler. It sounds more like a nightmare than a movie.

Prime Suspect: In spite of a stellar central turn by the great Maria Bello, NBC's take on the UK hit crime series has halted production with no apparent plans to return. Note to NBC: This is what happens when you try to step into Helen Mirren's shoes.

Nickelback: Next Tuesday, Canada's worst major rock band will plague the shelves for the first time in three years with Here and Now, one of the year's worst albums. Listeners should close their ears while they can.