Around the ACC

The Maryland football team must move to its fifth quarterback this year after Caleb Rowe’s season-ending ACL injury. The Terrapins’ original starter, C.J. Brown, suffered the same injury in August, and his replacement Perry Hills tore his ACL against N.C. State Oct. 20. Third-string signal caller Devin Burns broke his foot that same game, forcing Rowe under center for Saturday’s 20-17 loss against Boston College. Freshman linebacker Shawn Petty will now start for the beleaguered team … Clemson announced Monday its new athletics director will defect from an in-conference foe. Georgia Tech Athletics Director Dan Radakovich will replace the Tigers’ retiring Terry Don Phillips. Radakovich previously worked in athletic departments at Louisiana State University and Clemson’s in-state rival South Carolina … A week after Duke clinched bowl eligibility for the first time since 1994, No. 9 Florida State delivered a rude awakening to the ACC’s Cinderella team. The Seminoles crushed the Blue Devils 48-7 to crack the BCS Top 10. No. 13 Clemson is the only other conference program ranked in the BCS standings.