Council announces incoming executive board

Cappello, Ross join returners Mootz, Pawlowski

Student Council held its annual transition ceremony for the new president, vice president and representative body Monday evening at the Colonnade Club in Pavilion VII.

Third-year College students Annie Ungrady, vice president for administration, Neil Branch, vice president for organizations, Eric McDaniel, Council’s new president and the representative body took their oaths of office before the outgoing Council executive committee and other current representatives.

McDaniel said he wants to focus this term on expanding transparency and fostering engagement. “We’re all looking at the same idea, which is integration,” he said.

Chief of Cabinet Jessie Cappello, a third-year College student, said she was excited for McDaniel’s ideas for inter-Council collaboration.

Third-year College student Allie Mootz returns as Chief Financial Officer, as Alex Pawlowski, a third-year Engineering student, reprises his role as Chief Technology Officer for the coming term. Pawlowski was in charge of Council’s recent website redesign, and will be a central force in involving students with Council through digital platforms, Ungrady said.

McDaniel’s old position as Council’s director of university relations was handed off to second-year Engineering student Jalen Ross, who lost to Branch in the race for VPO. McDaniel said Ross’ role will be an important linkage between student opinions and action taken by Council.

The chair of the representative body will be elected on Tuesday.

Council also presented outgoing representatives with awards, commending their service in the previous term. Among the recipients were graduate Engineering student Sid Pailla of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation committee for outstanding committee chair, and Graduate Education student Janelle Peifer for her work as a representative on the Graduate Affairs committee.