Profs. Wilson, Adams receive highest University award

Intermediate Honors awarded to 436 third years at fall convocation

<p>With the Jefferson Award recipients at fall convocation were students and other faculty members who were being recognized for other achievements.</p>

With the Jefferson Award recipients at fall convocation were students and other faculty members who were being recognized for other achievements.

The University’s highest award, the Jefferson Award, was awarded Friday at the annual fall convocation for distinguished faculty members and third-year University students.

The award was given to Psychology Prof. Tim Wilson for his excellence in scholarship, and to James Milton Adams, the senior vice provost and professor of biomedical engineering, for excellence in service.

Recipients of the award must be “exemplified in character, work and influence the principles and ideals of Jefferson, and thus advanced the objectives for which he founded the University,” according to the University’s website.

Receiving the Jefferson Award was “an honor of unimaginable proportion,” Wilson said. None of it would have been possible, though, without his colleagues, he said.

“It’s nice to get the credit, but none of all those things could’ve happened without my colleagues,” Wilson said.

With the Jefferson Award recipients were students and other faculty members who were being recognized for other achievements.

This year 436 students were presented with Intermediate Honors awards.

Those awarded with Intermediate Honors awards must be in the top 20 percent of their class and must have completed 60 credits at the University in their first two years.