Hoos on First, Ep. 3 — Postseason and world leaders

Episode 3 delves into postseason prospects for spring sports teams, breaks down draft declarations from the men’s basketball team and makes predictions for the team’s future

Hoos on First returns for its third episode to break down some exciting news in the world of Virginia sports, make some takes and offer some predictions as spring sports gears up for the postseason. Alex Maniatis joins Nick Martindale in hosting the podcast.

This week’s episode breaks down men’s basketball’s draft announcements and committed recruits in preparation for next year, provides extensive ACC tournament coverage of tennis and golf and looks at the ascendancy of lacrosse.

Hoos on First hosts Maniatis and Martindale love to talk basketball. Coach Tony Bennett has cracked the top 50 list of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Greatest Leaders, and Jay Huff will return the following season. With one scholarship remaining, the hosts make predictions as to who will Bennett and his coaching staff offer up.

Postseason has officially begun for spring sports. Men’s and women’s tennis battle in the quarterfinals, while men’s and women’s golf are on the brink of top-5 ACC finishes. Baseball continues to struggle with hopes of an ACC tournament birth slipping away, while men’s and women’s lacrosse wind down the regular season and look to contend for an ACC championship in a week’s time.

Timestamps:

0:17 Draft announcements and predictions

3:40 Transfer portal and recruitment

7:13 Way too early basketball predictions

9:50 Tony Bennett: Fortune’s No. 48 World’s Greatest Leader

10:35 Men’s and women’s tennis

12:18 Baseball’s highs and lows

14:45 Men’s and women’s golf

16:48 Men’s and women’s lacrosse

19:13 Best moment of the week