Tim Harris selected in the 6th round of the 2019 NFL Draft

The former Virginia cornerback was selected 198th overall by the San Francisco 49ers

<p>Tim Harris had 119 career tackles for Virginia.</p>

Tim Harris had 119 career tackles for Virginia.

Former Virginia cornerback Tim Harris was the second Cavalier drafted in the 2019 NFL Draft after he was picked by the San Francisco 49ers in the sixth round Saturday.

After battling through injuries early in his college football career, Harris appeared in all of Virginia’s games this past season and started in eight of them. 

As a senior, Harris provided much-needed leadership to Virginia’s talented secondary and recorded 36 tackles and a pair of interceptions. 

While Harris was always a talented defensive back, strong showings at Virginia’s pro day and the East-West Shrine Game elevated Harris’s draft stock to even greater heights. 

Considered to be a Day 2 prospect by many analysts, Harris was a high-value pick for the 49ers on Day 3. The Richmond native’s size, athleticism and explosiveness in coverage were clearly attractive to the 49ers.

Friday night, Juan Thornhill was picked 63rd in the 2019 NFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs.