Shots fired incident reported at Corner bar

One woman went to the U.Va. emergency room with a gunshot wound

<p>A University-wide community alert was issued by Timothy Longo, interim chief of University police and associate vice president for safety and security.</p>

A University-wide community alert was issued by Timothy Longo, interim chief of University police and associate vice president for safety and security.

Charlottesville and University police responded to reports of shots fired shortly after 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to a University-wide community alert issued by Timothy Longo, interim chief of University police and associate vice president for safety and security. The incident occurred at 12:41 a.m. inside The Hole bar at 11 Elliewood Avenue.

“Patrons leaving a bar at that location reported a subject wearing a mask firing a shot inside the bar,” the alert states. No further description of the suspect was reported.

Police did not identify any victims at the scene, but a woman walked into the University Health System emergency room shortly after 1:00 a.m., reporting a gunshot wound received at the location. The victim is not affiliated with the University.

Charlottesville police are investigating the situation. According to Tyler Hawn, public information officer for the Charlottesville Police Department, the incident appears to be isolated in nature. Anyone with information is asked to contact CPD at (434) 970-3280 or Crime Stoppers at (434) 977-4000.

This story has been updated.