Shots fired incident reported on 300 block of 14th street

No suspect description has been provided at this time

This is the second community alert of April, following a shooting report issued earlier the same night.

The Charlottesville Police Department responded to a shots fired incident Friday at approximately 1:57 a.m. on the 300 block of 14th St. NW, per a community alert sent by Timothy Longo, chief of the University Police Department and vice president for security and safety.

Upon arrival at the scene, officers found shell casings in the area, and witnesses reported seeing a dark-colored vehicle leaving the area immediately after the reported incident. No injuries were mentioned in the report, and no suspect description has been provided at this time. A heavy police presence remained in the area as of the time of the report. 

Longo requested that anyone with information pertinent to the case contact the Charlottesville Police Department at (434) 970-3280.

Community alerts are shared via email to the University community when there is timely information about a threat that can be released to the community without compromising any ongoing investigations.