Comment Moderation and the Cavalier Daily: Frequently Asked Questions
The Cavalier Daily welcomes, and encourages, spirited debate about the topics posted on the website. We respect diverse ideological and political views and will not remove or edit comments based on these criteria.\nWhat are your basic rules for commenting?
We delete comments that include the following:\n
- Advocating illegal or violent actions \n
- Abusive or excessive foul language \n
- Racial, sexist, or otherwise offensive remarks or slurs \n
- Direct solicitations and advertisements for personal blogs and websites, products or services \n
- Thread spamming (reposting very similar/identical posts on the same places of the site) \n
- Spam or unrelated posts, jibberish, and nonsensical language \n
Comments are held pending for the following:\n
- More than 1 link \n
- Comments that may resemble spam \n
The Cavalier Daily also reserves the right to remove links from posts if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise in poor taste. We also reserve the right to remove comments that are libelous or attempt to impersonate members of the University of Virginia community and the Cavalier Daily staff.
Why is my comment not on the site?
If you cannot see your comment immediately after posting it, try refreshing the page a few times and waiting a few minutes to see if your post has not yet submitted to our servers.
There are two reasons you cannon view your post if the above has not worked.\n1. Your comment is pending. If your post contains more than one link, it is automatically flagged so an editor can check the links for content. We appreciate your patience as we check all the comments that are on the site several times throughout the day.
2. Your comment has violated our policies stated above.