NEWS

Vice Rector Mark Kington's resignation letter

Below is a transcribed version of the resignation letter Vice Rector Mark Kington sent to Gov. Bob McDonnell today:

Dear Governor McDonnell:

It has been a great honor to serve on the Board of Visitors of the University of Virginia, and I am deeply grateful to you for giving me that opportunity.

In order to better serve this university which I love and respect, and to help bring about new leadership on the Board of Visitors at this critical time, I am resigning my position as Vice Rector and as a board member effective immediately. I believe that this is the right thing to do and I hope that it will begin a needed healing process at the university.

Thank you for allowing me to serve.

Sincerely,

Mark J. Kington

Published June 19, 2012 in News

• CLAS93 said:

Chased from your home by a mob, subject to death threats, unable to go to class because your own instructors are so blindly biased -- this is U.Va.? We ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• Marie said:

Ah, one of the "rape is so serious that even innocence is no defense" crowd speaks! Good morning, President Sullivan!
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• Old-Timer said:

The individual she identified as the main assailant does not exist -- at least, not as a UVA student or a member of Phi Psi. It is FAR from clear that ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• nanbroga said:

"They put themselves in a dangerous position by clearly hurting someone on a level that remains unclear and all the while operating a fraternity that ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• Natalie said:

If Teresa Sullivan wanted the mob punished, the mob would already be punished. It's not a secret who smashed out the windows at Phi Psi. It's not a ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi