NEWS

New Sec. of State Kerry to speak at U.Va.

Visit will be Kerry's first public speech since joining Obama's cabinet

413pxjohn_f_kerry

New Secretary of State John Kerry will speak next Wednesday, Feb. 20 at the University, marking the first public speech he will give since joining Pres. Barack Obama’s cabinet Feb. 1.

According to a State Department press release, Kerry “will discuss how a relatively small investment in our foreign policy and diplomatic efforts results in a big return for America’s economy and security.”

Kerry’s visit to Grounds will come days before he leaves on his first overseas trip as secretary of state.

The speech will be held at 11 a.m in Old Cabell Hall.

This is a developing story.

Published February 14, 2013 in Grounds, FP test, News

• HallieJane said:

Dear Cavalier Daily: Where on God's green earth have you been. No one was in a better position to discover Jackie was lying - Was there a party that ...
    on Students produce video thanking Jackie

• NycCav said:

Honestly...I have refrained from commenting as the CD is for the students as far as I am concerned (as an alum), but please stop embarrassing yourselves. ...

• Pat said:

Letting outside reporters like TR Shapiro come in and do circles around the CD and its staff in its own backyard is one thing; being unable to even acknowledge ...

• Uva_reader said:

The students who produced this video need to familiarize themselves with the Honor Code, which calls for students who lie to be punished, not thanked. ...

• JG said:

Translation of William Evan's world view: "If its not something worthwhile and beneficial to me personally, I have no problem calling for its destruction ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: EVANS: Gleaning meaning