NEWS

Police respond to Emmet St. incident

Charlottesville police continue assault investigation, three individuals sent to University Medical Center

nsbuffalowildwingsbuffalowildwings

Charlottesville Police are still investigating an assault that occurred at the Buffalo Wild Wings on Emmet Street Friday night. Three people were sent to the University Medical Center and a fourth individual was arrested in a fight that reportedly involved a group of 20 people.

Shots were fired at the scene and first responders were able to determine that 20-year-old Antwan Chambers had pulled the trigger, Charlottesville Police Lt. Ronnie Roberts said. Chambers was arrested for reckless use of a firearm, as well as as underage possession of alcohol, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.

Two men were sent to the University Medical Center for treatment, one for stab wounds to the lower torso and the other for lacerations to the facial area. A woman was also punched during the fight and was sent to the Medical Center.

No further arrests have been made at this time. Roberts said it has been more than six months since an incident of this nature has occurred this close to the University.

Published March 25, 2013 in FP test, News

• CLAS93 said:

Chased from your home by a mob, subject to death threats, unable to go to class because your own instructors are so blindly biased -- this is U.Va.? We ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• Marie said:

Ah, one of the "rape is so serious that even innocence is no defense" crowd speaks! Good morning, President Sullivan!
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• Old-Timer said:

The individual she identified as the main assailant does not exist -- at least, not as a UVA student or a member of Phi Psi. It is FAR from clear that ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• nanbroga said:

"They put themselves in a dangerous position by clearly hurting someone on a level that remains unclear and all the while operating a fraternity that ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi

• Natalie said:

If Teresa Sullivan wanted the mob punished, the mob would already be punished. It's not a secret who smashed out the windows at Phi Psi. It's not a ...
    on The Cavalier Daily :: Being Phi Psi