U.Va. considers new dining hall food providers

Amamark's contract to end July 1

nsdiningkgrant

University dining halls may see a new food provider before the fall semester, though University officials have not yet released information about the details of the potential switch.

“The University is in the process of accepting solicitations for its dining services plan,” University spokesperson McGregor McCance said in an email. “That process is still in the evaluation and negotiation stage and, as a result, details remain confidential.”

The University currently contracts Aramark to provide food for its dining facilities, but is not locked into the Philadelphia provider moving forward.

“There is a selection committee, which will be making a recommendation to senior management for a final decision,” McCance said.

Aramark has partnered with University Dining since 1988.

Last May, the National Business Group on Health delegated its most prestigious award to Aramark for “creating a culture of workplace health and wellness,” according to the Aramark website.

Aramark’s contract with the University formally ends July 1.

Published February 12, 2014 in FP test, News

OPINION

• Maintain zero tolerance

The Office of the Dean of Students was right to revoke FOAs for fraternities who conducted hazing activities ...

• WHISNANT: The United States of oligarchy

Because preferences of elites and average voters sometimes line up, the bias of the political process ...

• Get SMART

The SMART Resolution is evidence that student leaders understand the problems of the community and can ...