Three arrested in connection with recent robberies

Teens facing robbery, firearm charges

<p>Carrington and Page face charges related to&nbsp;to robbery and the use of a firearm in commission of a felony. Carrington is also being charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.&nbsp;</p>

Carrington and Page face charges related to to robbery and the use of a firearm in commission of a felony. Carrington is also being charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. 

Charlottesville police have arrested three suspects in connection with a recent series of robberies near Grounds.

Charlottesville resident and 18-year-old Pendarvis Marquette Carrington, as well as two 17-year-old males — including Charlottesville resident Za’Juan Page — were taken into custody following three armed robberies in August and early September on Gordon Avenue, Cabell Avenue and Rugby Road.

Police have not named the other 17-year-old male, who was taken into custody alongside Carrington on Sept. 9., and is currently being held at the Blue Ridge Juvenile Detention Center. Police were initially unable to locate Page, but he turned himself in on Sept. 10 after police issued a wanted poster “for public safety reasons.”

Carrington is being held at the Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail and Page is also being held at the Blue Ridge Juvenile Detention Center.

University President Teresa Sullivan issued a statement following the arrests.

“Our community is safer because of the officers' tireless efforts to bring the alleged perpetrators to justice,” she said. “While this is positive news, I believe it is important to remind members of the University community to continue to be aware of their surroundings and to look out for one another."

Carrington is charged with two counts of robbery, two counts of use or display of a firearm in the commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Page faces charges related to robbery and the use of a firearm in commission of a felony.

The unnamed juvenile suspect is charged with two counts of robbery and two counts of use or display of a firearm in the commission of a felony.