​Virginia women edged out by Miami

<p>Freshman midfielder Zoe Morse scored Virginia's lone goal in the 86th minute of the match.&nbsp;</p>

Freshman midfielder Zoe Morse scored Virginia's lone goal in the 86th minute of the match. 

The No. 2 Virginia women's soccer team kicked off its two-game road trip against Miami this Thursday night at Cobb Stadium. The Cavaliers (8-2-0, 1-1-0 ACC) suffered a disappointing loss to the Hurricanes (6-4-0, 1-1-0 ACC) by a score of 2-1.

This is the first time these two ACC foes have faced off since 2014. The Cavaliers came into the game off a huge 2-0 victory against rival Virginia Tech. Unfortunately, the Cavaliers didn't play their best game, falling to an inferior team.

In the 21st minute, senior forward Gracie Lachowecki opened up the scoring for the Hurricanes, scoring her sixth goal of the season.

Just over 20 minutes later, in the 42nd minute, freshman forward Kristina Fisher doubled the Hurricanes’ lead from the penalty spot to give the Hurricanes a comfortable lead, which they took into halftime.

The Cavaliers pulled one back in the 86th minute to give the team some hope, when freshman midfielder Zoe Morse found the back of the net.

Unfortunately, Virginia could not find the equalizer and dropped the game in a performance the team would have to be disappointed in.

The Cavaliers will look for redemption in the second leg of their road trip against Florida State this Sunday at 1 p.m.