​Women’s golf travels to compete in Annika Intercollegiate Tournament

<p>The Cavaliers will rely on senior Lauren Diaz-Yi's leadership&nbsp;for their first time competing in the&nbsp;Annika Intercollegiate tournament. Diaz-Yi is coming off a season with seven career top-10 finishes last year.&nbsp;</p>

The Cavaliers will rely on senior Lauren Diaz-Yi's leadership for their first time competing in the Annika Intercollegiate tournament. Diaz-Yi is coming off a season with seven career top-10 finishes last year. 

The No. 19 Virginia women’s golf team will travel to Reunion, Fla., this Sunday to compete in the prestigious, third annual Annika Intercollegiate tournament. The tournament was co-founded by the Annika Foundation established by Hall of Fame golfer Annika Sörenstam and Golfweek, as part of a mission to expand more playing opportunities to junior and collegiate female golfers.

Virginia will look to senior Lauren Diaz-Yi, the only upperclassman to play on the Cavalier’s team of five in last weekend’s Mason Rudolph Championship tournament, to lead the team. Additional players to watch include sophomores Anna Redding and Katherine Patrick, the two top performers for Virginia at the Mason Rudolph Championship.

It will be the first time the Cavaliers have played in this tournament.