Men's tennis sweeps competition in Kentucky

<p>Senior Thai-Son Kwiatkowski helped Virginia men's tennis pick up both a single's and double's point in Louisville over the weekend.&nbsp;</p>

Senior Thai-Son Kwiatkowski helped Virginia men's tennis pick up both a single's and double's point in Louisville over the weekend. 

The No. 1 Virginia men’s tennis team had another excellent weekend, picking up two more wins as they took down No. 15 Kentucky Saturday and then ACC rival Louisville Sunday.

The match against Kentucky (6-2, 0-0 SEC) was a close-fought battle, with Virginia (3-0, 1-0 ACC) beating out the Wildcats 4-3 at the Boone Tennis Complex in Lexington, Ky. The Cavaliers started out slowly, losing the doubles point to start the match. However, they bounced back with authority, capturing four of the six singles matches to pull out the victory. Junior Alexander Ritschard at No. 6 singles clinched the match for Virginia.

The Cavaliers took on Louisville (4-2, 0-0 ACC) Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center in Louisville, Ky. for their first conference match of the season. This time, Virginia dominated their opponent, thoroughly defeating the Cardinals. The Cavaliers put together a complete performance, winning all seven of their matches, closing out the 7-0 win.

For the second consecutive day, Ritschard clinched the victory for Virginia, this time at No. 5 singles. Ritschard also helped the Cavaliers pick up the doubles point, pairing up with senior Thai-Son Kwiatkowski to clinch the first point of the match.

After starting off the season with three straight road matches, Virginia will now come home to Charlottesville for their first home stand of the season as they get ready to take on Florida next Saturday at Boar’s Head Sports Club.