​No. 14 men’s lacrosse set to face in-state rival No. 11 Richmond

Virginia looking to get back on track after close loss last weekend

<p>Freshman midfielder Dox Aitken earned four points off two goals and two assists in last weekend's close loss to Johns Hopkins.&nbsp;</p>

Freshman midfielder Dox Aitken earned four points off two goals and two assists in last weekend's close loss to Johns Hopkins. 

The No. 14 Virginia men’s lacrosse team will get ready to take on No. 11 Richmond this Saturday in Richmond. Virginia (5-4, 0-2 ACC) is coming off of a tough 18-17 overtime loss to No. 13 Johns Hopkins.

The Spiders (8-1, 3-0 A-10) have had a great season thus far and are coming into this match on a four-game winning streak. After starting the season off 4-1, the Cavaliers have lost three of their last four games. They will be heading into this match against an in-state rival, and attempt to pull out a win in order to gain some momentum heading into the final stretch of the regular season.

However, this Virginia team has shown it is one of the top teams in the nation. They have played some of the best teams in the nation very closely and all four of their losses have been by one goal, with the most recent two coming in overtime.

It will be an interesting clash between the two teams. Virginia is known for their high-flying, up-tempo system on offense that generates a lot of goals, while Richmond has not given up more than nine goals in one game this season.

Virginia is 1-3 on the road this season and will be looking to better that record this weekend. The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. Saturday. Virginia will then head back to Charlottesville for a three-game home stand before heading to Durham, N.C. to take on ACC rival Duke in the regular season finale.