U.Va. to screen Final Four game against Auburn at AFC, McIntire Amphitheatre

Virginia-Auburn set to tip-off Saturday at 6:09 p.m. in Minneapolis, Minn.

<p>Tip-off for Virginia's Final Four matchup against Auburn is set for 6:09 p.m. in Minneapolis, Minn.</p>

Tip-off for Virginia's Final Four matchup against Auburn is set for 6:09 p.m. in Minneapolis, Minn.

Dean of Students Allen Groves announced in an University-wide email Wednesday that U.Va. will be hosting Final Four watch parties at the Aquatic & Fitness Center and McIntire Amphitheatre for Virginia’s semifinal game against Auburn Saturday at 6:09 p.m. The events will begin at 5 p.m. and admission is free and open to the public with free pizza and drinks available at the AFC and free soft drinks available at the Amphitheatre.

“We share many moments of pride as a community,” Groves wrote in the email. “With our men’s basketball team now set to play in the Final Four on Saturday, April 6, in Minneapolis, this is certainly one of those moments.”

Groves added that both venues will be under normal security procedures, and all bags will be subject to check. Students are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages or drinks in cups to the events.

“This past weekend, with UVA’s Elite Eight win, I was pleased to learn that students who chose to celebrate on the Corner and elsewhere generally did so in safe and responsible ways,” Groves wrote. “With the semifinal game this Saturday night, I am counting on each of you to show this same level of respect for yourself, each other, your neighbors, and surrounding property.”

Trinity Irish Pub and Boylan Heights — both popular off-Grounds bars and restaurant where many students view Virginia sports games — have limited viewership of the game to viewers who are 21 and older and pay a $35 or $75 entry fee in advance for a food and drink package.

The Paramount Theater on the Downtown Mall is also hosting a free, public viewing of Saturday evening’s game on the Big Screen. Tickets can be reserved online but are not required for entry. John Paul Jones Arena — home of Virginia’s basketball program — is unable to host a watch party due to a pre-scheduled concert by country groups ALABAMA and The Charlie Daniels Band Saturday at 7 p.m.

The game, which will be nationally televised on CBS, marks Virginia first Final Four appearance since 1984.