Victim reports robbery near 11th Street lot

A female University Health System employee reported she was robbed at gunpoint in an 11th Street parking lot early Wednesday morning.

The off-duty nurse from the X-ray department said she was robbed around 1 a.m..

"She was walking to her car, and a black male pulled a gun on her and took her purse" said Charlottesville Police Sergeant Greg Davis.

The suspect fled the scene on foot with the victim's purse, which contained less than $1 and some other items, said Charlottesville Police Sergeant Jim Pace.

No injuries were reported.

Charlottesville Police described the suspect as a "young black male in his twenties" about "5 foot 8 with medium build," Pace said. There are no suspects at this time.

Another Health System employee reported that she was assaulted and robbed Oct. 18 on 11th Street, but police said they cannot speculate on the relationship of Wednesday's robbery with other robberies.

Despite these two recently reported incidents, police said the 11th Street area is not especially dangerous. "There is not a place on Grounds that is particularly unsafe" said University Police Sergeant Vincent Jones.