Crew varsity eight splits weekend races

The Virginia crew team's varsity eight split a pair of races Saturday in the ACC/Big Ten Double Dual Regatta in Raleigh. The No. 2 Cavaliers defeated No. 13 Ohio State in the morning session and fell to sixth-ranked Michigan that afternoon.

Virginia also swept Ohio State in the second varsity eight, novice eight and varsity four races. The Cavs won the novice eight and varsity four against Michigan.

Virginia faces its next competition this weekend in the San Diego Crew Classic.

Tar Heels feeling Carolina blue

Should the North Carolina men's basketball team defeat Florida in the Final Four, Tar Heels Ed Cota and Terrence Newby may not be available for the national title game.

The senior guards, who face assault charges after an alleged brawl last Halloween, are scheduled to appear in district court Monday, the same day as the national title game in Indianapolis.

• Virginia women's crew
  • Virginia baseball
  • Virginia softball
  • ACC men's basketball
  • Carolina officials said the trial, which has been delayed three times, deserves to be pushed back again.

Crimson tide

The Virginia softball team lost three of four games over the weekend at the Hoo's Who Tournament but hopes to bounce back in a doubleheader against Harvard today at The Park. The first game is scheduled for 2 p.m., with the second to follow at approximately 4 p.m.

Itsy-bitsy Spiders

After dropping two of three against No. 22 Wake Forest over the weekend, the Cav baseball team looks to gain some confidence today at Richmond at 3 p.m.

Stayin' alive

The North Carolina men are not the only ACC hoopsters still alive in the postseason. N.C. State and Wake Forest will battle for a spot in the National Invitation Tournament championship game tonight at Madison Square Garden.