The question on every fan's mind: who will replace Doherty on Tobacco Road?

I'd like to start off this week's installment of my column by apologizing to both of my faithful readers for those cries for help masquerading as NCAA Tournament predictions that ran last week. To recap, I got exactly one Final Four team right, and that was the one that I was least confident in. So, in preparation for the public outcry that's sure to come, I'd like to offer some suggestions for what can be written in this space after I get run out of town on a rail for being unqualified. Here are my ideas: 1) a "Missed Connections" personals section 2) the crossword puzzle (professors tend to hear it when you open up the B section in class) 3) a kid's corner with connect-the-dots or 4) crop reports. And to any of you that suggest "a big, useless white space, just like you" -- hey, run it by my editors, they're probably getting a lot of suggestions right about now.

Although I could fill an entire column with reasons for my inability to pick basketball games, and it would probably contain more truth than anything else I've ever written on this page, there are other, somehow more important matters in the world of college basketball. Specifically, the "resignation" of North Carolina coach Matt Doherty has taken the spotlight from Marquette, Kansas, Syracuse and Texas.

Doherty's departure has occupied the minds of basketball fans in the place of what has been one of the most entertaining NCAA Tournaments in recent memory. The intriguing storylines from the tournament -