Honor hires intern to take over some responsibilities previously held by special assistant; search for permanent hire ongoing

The Honor Committee has recently hired Lauren McChesney, a graduate student in the Curry School, as an intern, according to Chair Alison Tramba.

McChesney will take over some of the administrative responsibilities previously held by the Special Assistant to the Honor Committee, Tramba announced at a recent meeting.

Nicole Eramo previously held the position, which consists of both administrative and advising duties relating to Honor, and has since become an assistant dean in the Office of the Dean of Students.

Eramo is still attending the meetings of the Executive Committee, Tramba said. She is the first person to have held the position and was hired by the committee in October 1997.

McChesney "has been great," Tramba said. "She's very dedicated to figuring out exactly what needs to be done and making sure all of the administrative tasks are done properly."

Tramba added that she and Patricia Lampkin, vice president for student affairs, are still looking for someone to permanently fill all the duties of the position.

--