Former U.Va. lacrosse player charged with aggravated assault of Princeton student

Officers from the Princeton Borough Police Department arrested Adam Fassnacht, who recently finished his senior year playing lacrosse for the University, and a Princeton University lacrosse player, Nicholas Hermandorfer, for the severe beating of another male Princeton student June 1.

The police responded to a call at 2:37 a.m. from Dillon Courtyard on Princeton's campus for a person bleeding from the head, according to Princeton Police Lieut. David Dudeck.

The victim sustained multiple injuries including a broken nose and cheekbone and was treated at Princeton's medical center.

Fassnacht and Hermandorfer were both charged with aggravated assault and were released after posting bail, Dudeck said.

According to Dudeck, this was not a random case of assault.

"There was a past history between the victim and Hermandorfer where Hermandorfer assaulted the same student and was suspended from Princeton," Dudeck said.

Fassnacht and Hermandorfer's case will be heard by the Mercer County Court instead of the local court due to the severity of the crime, Dudeck added.

-- compiled by Cait Speaker