Standout games for Krzysik result in ACC Player of the Week honors

Announced by conference officials Monday, Virginia women's soccer junior midfielder Nikki Krzysik earned the first ACC Player of the Week honors of her career after stellar performances in two matches last weekend. Krzysik proved instrumental in the Cavaliers' defensive shutouts against Delaware and No. 15 West Virginia, 4-0 and 3-0, respectively. In addition, she had personal-best performances offensively, with a pair of assists against the Blue Hens as well as her first career goal against the Mountaineers.

The No. 8 Cavaliers travel to California this weekend to face No. 9 Stanford and No. 10 Santa Clara in the Santa Clara adidas Classic.

Cavaliers enter final round in fourth place at Topy Cup

Virginia's women's golf team carded a second-round, 16-over-par 304 team total to go into Thursday's final round fourth among five teams playing in the Topy Cup. The tournament features the Cavaliers and the University of Denver Pioneers representing America against three Japanese institutions at Tanagura Country Club in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan.

Junior Lene Krog is the lone Virginia player in the individual top 10 after posting an even-par 72, two-day total 147.

With a two-day team total of 603, Virginia sits 21 strokes behind first-place Denver.

Returning from Japan Friday, the Cavaliers will next play the first weekend in October at the Lady Tar Heel Invitational in Chapel Hill, hosted by the University of North Carolina.

-- compiled by Meghan Doletzky