The Pulse

Thriller coming to Broadway

The Nederlander Organization, owner of the historic Broadway theater, has recently acquired the rights to adapt Michael Jackson’s iconic “Thriller” music video to the stage. It is unclear who is behind this adaptation, though it has been confirmed that songs from both the “Thriller” and “Off the Wall” albums will be incorporated into the production. Furthermore, Jackson himself is expected to be involved. James Nederlander has been highly enthusiastic about the potential of the project.

—by ethan hamlin

Arrested Development film ... still in the making

For all Arrested Development fans (of which there are obviously many in the tableau staff) — never fear! Hopes for an AD film are STILL haunting fans, as Jeffrey Tambor (George Bluth) commented at a Hellboy 2 promotion in November, “It’s a go. I just actually this week talked to Mitch Hurwitz, so we’re doing it.” Although there are still questions as to a completed script, a majority of the original AD actors confirm these speculations, and Mitch Hurwitz and Ron Howard have reportedly closed a deal with Fox Searchlight and Imagine Studios. The only detriment to the film? Michael Cera, indie cult favorite and the irresistible George-Michael Bluth, is still skeptical about the film ever surfacing.

—by stephanie garcia

The Bloody Beetroots release 2009 teaser mix

Your favorite Venom-masked, electro duo has just released its new teaser mix in hopes of drawing more crowds on its European tour with Steve Aoki, famed West Coast DJ and founder of Dim Mak records. The mix sounds promising and offers a collection ranging from pop’s anti-diva Pink to Canadian DJ Tiga. While the Beetroots have not quite broken through to the United States yet, they seem to be in the same situation that Justice was in a few years ago. Once The Bloody Beetroots create a full-length album on the Dim Mak label, you’ll be sure to hear their remixes of The All-American Rejects and Timbaland in the hippest nightclubs.

—by campbell bird