New Council officers meet

StudCo confirms executive board, presidential cabinet, membership co-chairs

Student Council validated the appointments of the executive board and presidential cabinet, the membership co-chairs, marketing and communications chair and CIO consultant co-chairs yesterday evening at the term's inaugural General Body meeting.

The new executive board appointed the chairs after interviewing candidates from a pool of applicants.

Council President Johnny Vroom, third-year College student, said he hoped Council would be able to increase awareness about its initiatives among the student body during his term.

"I want students to be able to say that they know what Student Council does," Vroom said.

Vice President for Administration Ann Laurence Baumer, second-year College student, also emphasized the importance of creating a clearer image of Council and its aims among the University student body.

"Student Council's motto is 'your voice is our vision,'" Baumer said. "I want every student to know that they can come to Student Council."

Baumer also said executive board members planned to increase their availability and approachability to Council representatives.

Vroom said Council intends to send an online survey to the student body before the end of the year asking about general concerns and prompting students to pitch "big ideas" to Council about what they want the body to accomplish in the coming year.

"It's something that we're still planning ... to give committees some idea of what students want when going into their projects," Vroom said.

Council committee applications are due Sunday.