Honor Committee launches new website

The new Honor Committee website is officially live, featuring easier access to its social media platforms and a new option to file a report or retraction online.

“I’m personally really excited about it, because we really think it will give an accessible and informative face and front for the committee,” said Honor chair Stephen Nash, fourth-year College student.

Plans to redesign the website began last year in an attempt to create a better interface with the student body than the previous site.

“We felt that was the first thing that needed to change — just for basic communication, we needed to improve our website,” Nash said.

Fourth-year College student Anne Russell Gregory, Committee vice president for community relations, spearheaded the initiative to redesign the website. She worked alongside a third-party site designer, Brandon Wooten at Charlottesville-based company Creed Design.

Where the old website featured links on the left hand leading to bodies of text, the new site includes upcoming events, recent news, educational supplements and quick links to file a report or retraction online.

“We felt it was really important to break the mold a little bit and make sure we were creating a website that truly accomplishes all the things we wanted to accomplish,” Nash said.

The new site was launched in conjunction with honor’s current engagement campaign, which intends to promote student interaction with the honor representatives and the system.

“I think anything we can do to move ourselves out of the fourth floor of Newcomb and into the lives of students is an important step and an important part of engagement,” Nash said.