​Virginia men sweep one-mile run at Dixon Memorial Invitational

<p>At the Darius Dixon Memorial Invitational in Lynchburg&nbsp;over the weekend, junior Kenneth Hagan&nbsp;took first place in the mile run with a time of 4:19.35.&nbsp;</p>

At the Darius Dixon Memorial Invitational in Lynchburg over the weekend, junior Kenneth Hagan took first place in the mile run with a time of 4:19.35. 

The Virginia men’s and women’s indoor track and field teams competed in the Darius Dixon Memorial Invitational over the weekend. The men’s team came away with two first-place finishes in the 3000-meter as well as the one-mile run. The women’s team ended with one first place finish in the women’s 800-meter run.

Senior Micah Brickhill ran to a first place finish in the women’s 800-meter with an impressive time of 2:14.03. Junior Holly Sullivan was not far behind in this race — finishing fourth with a time of 2:16.07.

Senior Chimere Ezumah placed third in the women’s 500-meter dash at the invitational with a time of 1:15.52.

On the men’s side, the team swept the top three places for the one-mile run. Junior Kenneth Hagen crossed the finish line first with a time of 4:19.35, sophomore Robby Keough was right behind at 4:19.92 and freshman Randy Neish rounded out the bunch with a time of 4:20.06.

In the men’s 3000-meter run, the Cavaliers took the top four spots of the race. Seniors Henry Wynne and Zach Herriott finished first and second, respectively, with sophomores Chase Weaverling and Alex Corbett crossing the finish line third and fourth, respectively.

Next up, the Cavaliers will compete in the Crimson Elite Meet Friday in Boston, Mass.